Until further notice, no public bookings are being taken for Outdoor Spaces. The CMHC Administrative team is working on updated booking guidelines that will incorporate COVID protocols.
The three outdoor locations on Granville Island deemed appropriate for public use and ordinarily available at no charge for public performances and gatherings (family, school and community related) are listed below. Specific guidelines and priorities exist for each location. Please note that we do not take recurring bookings for private use, nor do we permit commercial use, where the public is charged admission or asked for a donation.
For questions, contact Outdoor Spaces Coordinator Amelia Farrugia at 604.666.1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note priority is given first to CMHC-Granville Island Public Affairs and Programming Department, and then to families and non-profit community groups.
The Picnic Pavilion is a covered area located near the entrance to Granville Island beside the pond. This outdoor space is a popular location for barbeques, family gatherings, school groups, and non-profit community group celebrations.
- PLEASE NOTE: A SECTION OF THE PAVILION WILL BE RESERVED FOR AN INSTALLATION FROM JUNE 25- JULY 2ND.
- THE PAVILION WILL BE RESERVED FOR A NUMBER OF PUBLIC EVENTS JUNE 25- 28 | JULY 1ST | JULY 17
- COMMUNITY USE OF THE PICNIC PAVILION IS ON A FIRST COME – FIRST SERVED BASIS
- PRIVATE RESERVATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Ron Basford park
The Amphitheatre at Ron Basford Park is a public, open space located behind the grassy hill off Cartwright Street, between Performance Works and the Granville Island Hotel. The Amphitheatre is sometimes booked for wedding ceremonies. It can be booked on its own if it is not required by renters using Performance Works. (Use of the Amphitheatre is included in the rental of Performance Works).
public market courtyard
The Public Market Courtyard is an open area on the north side of the Public Market overlooking False Creek. It is surrounded on three sides by the unique stalls and restaurants of the Public Market. It may be booked for community and school group music performances, Mondays to Fridays only.