Ron Basford Park and Amphitheatre is located on the eastern side of Granville Island. The raked landscape makes the amphitheatre a natural performance and event location.
To check availability, please review this calendar.
Ron Basford Park and Amphitheatre can host groups of up to 50 without liability insurance.
Groups with an attendance of greater than 50 will be required to provide proof of insurance naming CMHC-Granville Island as additionally insured.
Accepted Uses for Bookings
- Weddings, Engagements & Life Celebrations
If you are looking to book this space for a public event, please visit: Host an Event
Bookings open in February of each calendar year. Priority is given first to CMHC-Granville Island’s Cultural Partners & Public Programming prior to opening to the public for community bookings.
Ron Basford Park and Amphitheatre cannot be booked for recurring events.
CMHC-Granville Island has the right to refuse any booking based on possible interference with a concurrent booking inside Performance Works. Or if they deem the proposed activity not in keeping with public events or programming on Granville Island.
Power is not available at Ron Basford Park. Event bookings must provide alternate power sources if needed.
CMHC-Granville Island welcomes micro-weddings and elopements at Ron Basford Park. Should multiple enquiries be received for the same date, booking preference will be given to events that have a reception booked on Granville Island.
Granville Island venues that currently offer reception space:
- Performance Works
- Dockside Restaurant
- False Creek Community Centre
- The Sandbar Seafood Restaurant
- Bridges – Tap & Barrel
Still have questions?
For more information contact: 604-666-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- Ron Basford Park is a public space and, as such, users must allow the public to pass by unimpeded.
- CMHC-Granville Island must first approve any and all tents, structures and/or decorations.
- No glitter or plastic confetti is allowed.
- Amplification is restricted to one small personal speaker and 1 microphone.
- Sales of goods or services is not permitted.
- No chairs or tables may be set up on the grass.
CMHC-Granville Island reserves the right to halt events that restrict or disrupt normal business activity, safety or enjoyment of Granville Island staff, merchants, and visitors. The above list is only a summary of the full terms and conditions of use. A full terms and conditions list will be provided upon the event’s approval.