There is no cost involved in booking this space. It is FREE.
IMPORTANT! Applicants must review Policies and Guidelines below prior to filling out an application. For more information contact 604-666-1000 or [email protected].
Please remember to bring a copy of the approved request form with you on the day of your event.
The Amphitheatre at Ron Basford Park is a public area overlooking False Creek. It is located behind the grassy hill off Cartwright Street, between Performance Works and the Granville Island Hotel. Use of the Amphitheatre is included in the rental of the Performance Works. If the Amphitheatre is not otherwise being used, it becomes available for booking free of charge on a first come first served basis.
Booking Policies and Guidelines
- Contact phone number on the day of your event: 604-834-1567 • Priority for booking this space is given to CMHC-Granville Island Public Affairs and Programming Department. Bookings are taken no more than one year in advance for those booking Performance Works AND the Amphitheatre. Lastly, no more than six months in advance for Amphitheatre-only bookings. Bookings for the calendar year open on Jan 1.
- This area is a public space and, as such, users must allow the public to pass by unimpeded.
- Use of the Amphitheatre is for special events or intermittent use only. No group/person may book the space on a regular or continuing basis.
- CMHC-Granville Island has the right to refuse any booking based on possible interference with a concurrent booking inside Performance Works or if they deem the proposed activity not in keeping with public events or programming on Granville Island.
- The space may not be used for commercial purposes such as outdoor markets or fundraisers where the public is charged admission or asked for a donation.
- CMHC-Granville Island must first approve any and all tents, structures and/or decorations.
- No amplification of any kind is permitted at the Amphitheatre.
- All decorations and garbage must be removed after the event and placed in the appropriate dumpster on the west side of the Performance Works facility.
- No chairs, tables or anything that may cause damage, is to be set up on the grass.
- The applicant is required to submit an application for which, if approved by CMHC-Granville Island, will be signed and returned.
- CMHC-Granville Island reserves the right to revise these guidelines at any time without prior notice.
- CMHC-Granville Island Administration reserves the right to change or cancel an event.