- The Picnic Pavilion is located behind the Kids Market, adjacent to the water park. A highly popular picnic location in the summertime, CMHC-Granville Island offers this space free of cost to the public.
- Wednesday 27th
- Friday 29th
- Friday 6th
- Sunday 15th
The Picnic Pavilion can host groups up to 50 comfortably with minimal furniture. It is not suitable for gatherings with more than 50 attendees.
Accepted Uses for Bookings
- Picnics with or without BBQs
- Community gatherings; (staff gatherings, birthday celebrations, etc)
If you are looking to book this space for a public event, please visit: Host an Event
Power is available and must be reserved ahead of time with the Outdoor Spaces Coordinator.
- Users must bring their own BBQ
- Maximum of two BBQs per reservation
- Propane fuel only (no charcoal)
- The booking contact is responsible for ensuring all BBQ-related waste is properly disposed of
- The booking contact is responsible for all fire and food safety
CMHC-Granville Island staff and security reserve the right to halt the use of BBQs at any point during a booking due to unsafe conditions.
Bookings open in February of each calendar year. Priority is given first to CMHC-Granville Island’s Cultural Partners & Public Programming prior to opening to the public for community bookings.
The Picnic Pavilion cannot be booked for recurring events.
Still have questions?
For more information contact: 604-666-1000 or email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- Bookings end at 8pm and all activities must be cleared away by this time.
- The Picnic Pavilion will be provided as is. CMHC-Granville Island provides a sweep of the area prior to a booking, but this cannot always be guaranteed.
- The site must be returned to its original condition by the end of the booking.
- Sound levels must be reasonable and not disturb businesses and nearby residents.
- Events that exceed continuous sound levels of 70db during daytime hours will be asked to vacate.
- No alcohol, smoking or cannabis is allowed.
- Due to the Picnic Pavilion’s proximity to the water park and the Kids Market, events must remain family friendly.
- Sales of goods or services is not permitted.
- Events must be contained within the Picnic Pavilion and not block pedestrian pathways or fire lanes.
CMHC-Granville Island reserves the right to halt events that restrict or disrupt normal business activity, safety or enjoyment of Granville Island staff, merchants, and visitors. The above list is only a summary of the full terms and conditions of use. A full terms and conditions list will be provided upon the event’s approval.