There is no cost involved in booking this space. It is FREE.
IMPORTANT! Applicants must review Policies and Guidelines below prior to filling out an application. For more information contact 604-666-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to bring a copy of the approved request form with you on the day of your event.
The Picnic Pavilion is provided for use primarily as a location at which barbeques can be safely operated. Priority is given first to CMHC-Granville Island Public Affairs and Programming Department, and then to families and non-profit community groups. The Picnic Pavilion is not a ‘contained’ area, however it is not suitable for large groups. We recommend a maximum of 50 guests.
Booking Policies and Guidelines
- Contact phone number on the day of your event: 604-834-1567
- Event set up can begin at 11 am at the earliest and all events must be completed by 8 pm.
- Applicants understand that the space must be accepted “as is” and left clean afterwards.
- Users must bring their own barbeque.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- No promotions allowed, including sampling or sample distribution, coupon distribution, free services, gifts, and promotional materials (flyers, booklets, etc.) for corporate or commercial business interests.
- No glitter or plastic confetti is allowed.
- Not adhering to the booking policies will affect future bookings.
- All garbage must be disposed of in the zero waste station provided in the Picnic Pavilion.
- Noise levels are to be kept to a minimum.
- No group /person can book the space on a regular or continuing basis.
- The space cannot be used for commercial purposes such as outdoor markets or fundraisers where the public is charged admission or asked for a donation.
- CMHC-Granville Island reserves the right to halt events that restrict or disrupt the normal business activity, safety or enjoyment of Granville Island merchants, customers and visitors.
- The space will be booked on a first come, first served basis.
- CMHC-Granville Island has the right to refuse any booking based on the possible interference with activity or businesses adjacent to the Picnic Pavilion or if they deem the proposed activity to not be in keeping with public events and/or programming mandate on Granville Island.
- CMHC-Granville Island reserves the right to revise these terms at any time without prior notice.
- CMHC-Granville Island Administration reserves the right to change or cancel an event.